The Association of Professional Futurists (APF) owns and maintains this web site located on the internet at http://www.apf.org (the Site) as a service for your personal information, education, and communication (the Service). By accessing, browsing and otherwise using this web Site and Service, you agree to be bound by all applicable laws and all the Terms and Conditions in this Agreement without limitation or qualification. These Terms and Conditions are subject to change from time to time, so you should review these Terms and Conditions regularly for periodic changes. Your use of the web Site and Service after such changes constitutes your acceptance of the Terms and Conditions in effect at the time of such use.
Your access to and use of the Site is subject to the following Terms and Conditions:
- No material from this Site or any web site owned, operated, licensed, or controlled by APF may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way, except that you may download one copy of the materials on any single computer only for your internal, individual, private, non-commercial use, provided that you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices. You may not, however, distribute, modify, transmit, reuse, re-post, or use the content of the Site for public or commercial purposes, including the text and images. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of APF's copyright and other proprietary rights. For purposes of these terms, the use of any such material on any other web site or networked computer environment is prohibited. Any product, process or technology used or described in this web site may be the subject of other intellectual property rights reserved by APF or its legal affiliates and are not licensed here under. APF neither warrants nor represents that your use of materials displayed on the Site will not infringe upon the rights of third parties not owned by or legally affiliated with APF. The foregoing limitations may be modified or superseded by a specific written agreement between you and APF.
- APF assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions related to this Site or Service. The Site and Service includes facts, views, opinions and recommendations of individuals and organizations that we have deemed may be of interest to you. However, APF has not independently investigated each of these matters and makes no warranties, representations, or guarantees as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of the information provided on the Site or by the Service. APF does not otherwise endorse or concur with the views, opinions or recommendations of others that appear on the Site or Service.
- Your browsing through and use of the Site and Service are at your risk. Due to the inherent hazards of electronic distribution, there may be errors, delays, interruptions, omissions and inaccuracies in such news, information, other content, links and the Service. Neither APF nor any party involved in creating, producing, or delivering the Site is liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages arising out of your access to, or use of, the Site or Service.
Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the Site is provided to you "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. APF AND ITS LEGAL AFFILIATES, AGENTS AND LICENSORS CANNOT AND DO NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR CURRENTNESS OF THE SITE, SERVICE OR CONTENT THEREIN, AND DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, RELATING THERETO. Please note that some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you. Check your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding the exclusion of implied warranties.
APF ALSO ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY, AND SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR, ANY DAMAGES TO, OR VIRUSES THAT MAY INFECT, YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT OR OTHER PROPERTY AS A DIRECT OR INDIRECT RESULT OF YOUR ACCESS TO, USE OF, OR BROWSING IN THE SITE OR YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIALS, DATA TEXT, IMAGES, VIDEO, OR AUDIO FROM THE SITE.
NEITHER APF NOR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES, AGENTS OR LICENSORS SHALL BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY LOSS OR INJURY CAUSED IN WHOLE OR PART BY ITS NEGLIGENCE OR CONTINGENCIES BEYOND ITS CONTROL IN PROCURING, COMPILING, INTERPRETING, REPORTING OR DELIVERING THE SITE CONTENT OR SERVICE AND ANY NEWS INFORMATION, OR OTHER CONTENT THROUGH THE SITE OR SERVICE.
IN NO EVENT WILL APF, ITS AFFILIATES, AGENTS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY DECISION MADE OR ACTION TAKEN BY YOU OR THEM IN RELIANCE ON SUCH NEWS, INFORMATION, OR OTHER CONTENT OR FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR SIMILAR DAMAGES, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOU AGREE THAT THE LIABILITY OF APF, ITS AFFILIATES, AGENTS AND LICENSORS, IF ANY, ARISING OUT OF ANY KIND OF LEGAL CLAIM (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE) IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE SERVICE, THE NEWS, THE INFORMATION, OR THE OTHER CONTENT IN THE SITE OR SERVICE SHALL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT YOU PAID APF FOR USE OF THE SITE OR SERVICE.
It is your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of the information, opinion, advice or other content available through the Site or Service. It is your responsibility to seek the advice of professionals, as appropriate, regarding the evaluation, and the application to your individual situation, of any specific information, opinion, advice or other content provided through the Site or Service. It is your responsibility to perform prudent and adequate due diligence regarding any information or ideas derived from this Site or Service.
Any communication or material you transmit to the Site via the areas available to the non-APF-member general-public by electronic mail or otherwise, including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary. Anything you transmit or post may be used by APF or its partners for any purpose, including, but not limited to, reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast, and posting. Furthermore, APF is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any communication you send to the Site for any purpose whatsoever including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products using such information.
- Images displayed on the Site are either the property of, or used with permission by, APF. The use of these images by you, or anyone else authorized by you, is prohibited unless specifically permitted by these Terms and Conditions, or specific permission is provided elsewhere on the Site or in writing. Any unauthorized use of the images may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes.
- The trademarks, logos, and service marks (collectively the "Trademarks") displayed on the Site are registered and unregistered Trademarks of APF and others. Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on the Site without the written permission of APF or such third party that may own the Trademarks displayed on the Site.
- Your misuse of the Trademarks displayed on the Site, or any other content on the Site, except as provided in these Terms and Conditions, is strictly prohibited. You are also advised that APF will fully aggressively enforce its intellectual property rights of the law, including the seeking of criminal prosecution.
- APF has not reviewed all sites linked to the Site and is not responsible for the content of any off-site pages or any other sited linked to the Site. Your linking to any other off-site pages or other sites is at your own risk.
- Although APF may from time to time monitor or review discussions, chats, postings, transmissions, bulletin boards, and the like on the Site, APF is under no obligation to do so and assumes no responsibility or liability arising from the content of any such locations nor for any error, defamation, libel, slander, omission, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, profanity, danger, or inaccuracy contained in any information within such locations on the Site.
- You are prohibited from posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law. APF will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing APF to disclose the identity of anyone posting any such information or materials.
- You are responsible for all charges incurred and all statements made and acts or omissions that occur, while your password is being used. Your registration will continue until terminated by APF or until you notify APF by e-mail of your decision to terminate your registration. This Agreement is personal to you and you may not assign your rights or obligations to anyone. APF may discontinue or change the web site, or its availability to you, at any time, without notice.
- You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless APF, its affiliates and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against all claims and expenses, including attorney’s fees, arising out of your use of the Service.
APF may at any time revise these Terms and Conditions by updating this posting. You are bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this page to review the then current Terms and Conditions to which you are bound.
- If any provision of this Agreement is invalid or unenforceable under applicable law, the remaining provisions will continue in full force and effect. This Agreement, all intellectual property issues, and your rights and obligations shall be governed by the laws of the United States of America and the State of Washington governing contracts wholly entered and wholly performed within the State of Washington.