|Professional Futurists Address Coronavirus|
APF Members' Work on COVID-19
- Josh Calder, Christopher Kent, and Kristin Nauth examined myriad changes predicted for the wake of COVID-19 and come up with criteria to evaluate their stickiness. Read the post.
- Mattia Vettorello answers this question through a blog post: How to be innovative and support sharp decision making in unchartered territories for a sustainable future? Read the post.
- Particia Lustig joins Gill Ringland to inspect the impact of COVID-19 on the middle class in Asia. Read the post.
- Cindy Wagner has collected a list of scenarios, webinars, discussions, and reports generated by futurists and foresight strategists relevant to COVID-19 crisis. Check the list.
- Amy Zalman has presented her thoughts on strategic foresight skills for organizations in a COVID-19 world. Watch the video.
- René Rohrbeck shares his thoughts on how to see an enormous opportunity in the crisis facing humanity today. Listen to the podcast.
- Kriz David has shared a presentation on the source of COVID-19 and how households, businesses and economies should respond. Download the presentation.
- Rachelle Bugeaud has put together a list of 141 shifts that
have been instigated due to COVID-19. Download the report.
- Amy Zalman inspects the power of imagination in exploring a post COVID-19 world. Read the post.
- Amy Webb reminds probabilities that event planners need to know due to an autumn COVID-19 resurgence. Read the post.
- Sohail Inayatullah explores four possible futures after the COVID-19 crisis. Watch the interview.
- Donna Dupont explains how the evolutionary paradigm of resilience gives her hope that we can manage the current and future emergency challenges we all face. Listen to the podcast.
- Kieran Murrihy speaks about the importance of making sure ‘reinvention’ is still part of our stories as we move through the response stage of the pandemic. Listen to the podcast.
- Bryan Alexander checks the possibility of planning in higher education sector by the coming academic year during these pandemic days. Watch the recorded webinar.
- Bridgette Engeler shares her insights on the unintended consequences of the pandemic, including her pet projects such as the ‘future of work.’ Listen to the podcast.
- Mike Jackson has proposed the economic outlook of 2020 in the light of COVID-19 crisis. Download the presentation.
- Bryan Alexander shares some of what he has seen around the fringes of the global Coronavirus pandemic through a blog post. Read the post.
- Christian Crews proposes a number of actions to get ready for the next wave of pandemic. Read the post.
- Kriz David evaluates the immediate and remote impacts of COVID-19 for Nigeria and proposes a range of medium and long–term interventions. Download the study summary.
- Patricia Lustig joins Gill Ringland to discuss the role of foresight in exploring some of the impacts – beyond the economic – of the current Covid-19 pandemic. Read the post.
- Mike Jackson
detects future potential spread of Coronavirus pandemic by updating an
alert page and releasing an analysis as a presentation. View the live feed, and the analysis. You may also download the alert.
- Riel Miller wrote a letter-essay to a friend in the shadow of the novel Coronavirus. His letter addresses the deep ontological challenges that the virus poses to our current social arrangements. Read the letter.
- Tanja Hichert from South Africa, together with colleagues in New Zealand and the US, is working on an educational project aimed at collecting pockets of positivity, new projects, community initiatives, or technologies that have emerged from the COVID-19. Learn more.
- René Rohrbeck expands his story of a restaurant owner in Paris by addressing this question: How do we transform uncertainty into opportunity? Read the post.
- Rafeeq Bosch discusses how timely application of foresight techniques could have mitigated some of the adverse impacts of the COVID-19 epidemic. Read the post.
- David Bengston leads a team at the US Forest Service to face with the rapidly growing threat of the pandemic as the wildfire season quickly approaches – a compound disaster scenario. Learn more about the initiative.
- Peter Bishop speaks about how a new era is possible, though not guaranteed; this historical moment breaks the frame, opening up the possibility for innovation, or we might snap back to how we were before. Listen to the podcast.
- John Sweeney reminds us that futures are still plural, and the importance of holding the space for possibilities in the time of a global pandemic. Listen to the podcast.
- Joyce Gioia has devoted the latest issue of the Herman Trend Alert to Coronavirus pandemic. Find it here.
- Freija van Duijne met the Netherlands government to announce new containment measures against the spreading of Coronavirus through a strategic foresight training program. Read the post.
- Riel Miller discusses how Coronavirus pandemic is a powerful opportunity to make a fundamental change in how humans make choices, and the immense power of a capability we all hold, imagination. Listen to the podcast.
- Sohail Inayatullah and Peter Black write, "Neither A Black Swan Nor A Zombie Apocalypse: The Futures Of A World With The Covid-19 Coronavirus" in Journal of Futures Studies. Read the article.
- Andrew Curry applies McLuhan’s Laws of Media to explore some of Coronavirus pandemic implications. Read the post.
- Leah Zaidi has created a modular set of post-Covid-19 scenarios that can be used to design hundreds of scenarios for navigating and exploring what comes next. Download the document.
- Bryan Alexander offers COVID-19 blogs, training and links to higher education clients. Access the resources.
- Bryan Alexander explores several scenarios of COVID-19 in 2020. Read the post.
- Marius Oosthuizen offers scenarios of Coronavirus and three impact waves on South Africa. Watch the video.
- Marius Oosthuizen presents a Delphi Study: Anticipating the Impact of COVID-19 in SA, 2020-2021. Download study's summary.
- Marius Oosthuizen shares a 60-minute deep-dive webinar on COVID-19 scenarios and the economic, political and global implications for South Africa. Watch the recorded webinar.
- Pero Micic proposes four strategic scenarios for corporate leaders facing Corona crisis (Part 1). Read the post.
- René Rohrbeck shares three important lessons he learned about business in Covid-19 times. Read the post.- John Sweeney shares reflections from a scenarios workshop with the Italian Red Cross that was held in 2017. Read the post.